The longest-running, most successful partnership in the history of rock takes flight anew as Carlos Santana collaborates with the legendary Clive Davis on this brand new concept album. Produced by Carlos, Clive Davis, Howard Benson and Matt Serletic, and working from their collective encyclopedic knowledge of rock, a list of guitar-centric titles was devised and a Who's Who of guest vocalists were invited to perform on every track.
- “Whole Lotta Love” featuring Chris Cornell (Led Zeppelin)
- “Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’” featuring Scott Weiland (The Rolling Stones)
- “Sunshine Of Your Love” featuring Rob Thomas (Cream)
- “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” featuring india.arie and Yo-Yo Ma (The Beatles)
- “Dance the Night Away” featuring Pat Monahan (Van Halen)
- “Back In Black” featuring Nas (AC/DC)
- “Riders On the Storm” featuring Chester Bennington and Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
- “Smoke On the Water” featuring Jacoby Shaddix (Deep Purple)
- “Photograph” featuring Chris Daughtry (Def Leppard)
- “Bang A Gong” featuring Gavin Rossdale (T. Rex)
- “Little Wing” featuring Joe Cocker (Jimi Hendrix)
- “I Ain’t Superstitious” featuring Jonny Lang (Howlin’ Wolf, Jeff Beck Group)
It took a considerable amount of bravery to introduce a cover album such as Guitar Heaven. I myself would have considered it taboo for anyone to cover a Led Zeppelin song such as “Whole Lotta Love”. In this fan’s opinion, Carlos Santana’s version is better than the original. Def Leppard’s “Photograph” is a song that would have prompted me to change the radio station. Now I can’t get enough of it. Carlos is the only artist that could possibly pull this off. The entire album is well worth a listen. Enjoy.
Submitted by tomnrita
I grew up listening to these great songs and now hearing them again with Carlos’ fantastic touch gives them new life and I love the songs even more than the originals. Goes to show how talented Carlos and all the musicians and vocalists are when you dare to take these beloved classic rock songs and make them new and fresh while adding his wonderful Latin rhythms to them. I heard “Sunshine of Your Love” live when he played in Toronto this past July and was totally impressed by how he made this song still sound so cool. Carlos is the best!
Submitted by trublu
I have been a Santana fan for over thirty years and I have seen Carlos always finding a new way to embrace and compliment other musicians without having to duplicate or cover there originality. In this album Carlos reaches into the rock heavens with his guitar and sanctifies us with his own everlasting Santana sound.
Submitted by SperosBobetsis